The latest in our regular roundups of healthy eating and physical activity news from HOST members and others.
Policy and Practice
- Jamie Bussel of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation writes, "To Help Recover From COVID-19, We Need Universal Free School Meals."
- On the same note, Salud America shares "How the ‘Pandemic Child Hunger Prevention Act’ Could Help All U.S. Students Get Free School Meals."
- The National Recreation and Park Association explains what it means "to support local park and recreation agencies in their efforts to serve as community nutrition hubs."
Tips and Ideas
- In a guest post at Afterschool Alliance, the Center for Youth Wellness writes about its new publication, "A Caregiver’s Toolkit for Dealing with the Stress of the Coronavirus," which includes "good nutrition" and "supporting movement" as two of the "seven domains of wellness" that help mitigate stress.
- Build Our Kids' Success suggests "4 Ways to Get Out in Nature This Summer."
- Marathon Kids shares the "Best Safe Distance Indoor PE Games."